Leadership Essentials for New Department Chairs is a three-day immersion in academic leadership, providing new department chairs with the information, resources, and network they need to lead their departments successfully. Each day features discussions with university experts on the key aspects of a department chair’s job, including creating diverse and inclusive workplaces, managing people, interacting with the media, and fundraising. Each day is also designed to foster connection and community among participants.
Leadership Essentials is designed and intended for academic department chairs and directors of department-like units who have less than one year of experience in their role.
Summer 2022 Program Information
- Tuesday, August 23–Thursday, August 25, 2022
- 8:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. daily, with an optional outdoor activity on Tuesday at 7:30 a.m.
- Breakfast and lunch included every day
- In person at the Pyle Center
- See the agenda for details
Register online by August 1, 2022. Registration is free, with costs provided for by the Office of the Provost.
For more information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.